for Global Change
We are a research group based at the Department of Electronics, Information, and Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano. Our research mission is advancing environmental decision-analytics for supporting human decisions in complex engineering systems including multiple actors and exposed to evolving multisectoral demands and global change. Our research fuses environmental, climate, and hydrologic disciplines with machine learning, optimal control, and evolutionary computation. This multidisciplinary mix yields innovative, flexible, and robust solutions facilitating participatory decision making processes by addressing the multifaceted complexity of environmental systems, including their nested interdependencies across stakeholders, processes, and policies at different spatial scales; as well as potential changes in human-nature interactions and feedbacks under changing climate extremes and societal demands.
The study "Unintended consequences of climate change mitigation for African river basins" by Matteo Giuliani, Jonathan Lamontagne, Mohamad Hejazi, Patrick Reed and Andrea Castelletti was…
Here’s a list of our contributions to the upcoming EGU General Assembly 2023 (24-28 April 2023 in Vienna, Austria):
Lisa Ferrari, Sandra Ricart, Claudio Gandolfi, and Andrea Castelletti. Underlying farmers’…
Here’s a list of our contributions to the AGU Fall Meeting 2022 Science Leads The Future (12-16 December 2022 in Chicago, IL):
Angelo Carlino, Matthias Wildemeersch, Sebastian Sterl, Celray James Chawanda,…
Dr. Andrea Ficchì has been awarded the AXA Research's Fund Postdoctoral Fellowship
Our Postdoctoral Researcher Dr. Andrea Ficchì is one of the…
Here’s a list of our contributions to the upcoming EGU General Assembly 2022 (23-27 May 2022 in Vienna, Austria):
Guang Yang, Matteo Giuliani, Elena Matta, Veronica Piuri, and Andrea Castelletti. Dynamic…
The eiLab led a study in collaboration with colleagues from the University of Padova…
Unintended consequences of climate change mitigation for African river basins
The eiLab led a study in collaboration with colleagues from Tufts…
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.
- Yang, G., Giuliani, M., and Castelletti, A. (2023). Operationalizing equity in multipurpose water systems, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 27, 69–81
- Carlino, A., Tavoni, M., Castelletti, A. (2022). Self-adaptive multi-objective climate policies align mitigation and adaptation strategies, Earth’s Future, 10, e2022EF002767.
- Jordan, S., Quinn, J., Zaniolo, M., Giuliani, M., Castelletti, A. (2022). Advancing reservoir operations modelling in SWAT to reduce socio-ecological tradeoffs, Environmental Modelling & Software, 157, 105527.
- Giudici, F., Garofalo, E., Bozzi, S., Castelletti, A. (2022). Climate uncertainty and technological innovation shape investments in renewable energy for small off-grid islands, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Transition, 2, 100036.
- Giuliani, M., Zaniolo, M., Sinclair, S., Micotti, M., van Orshoven, J, Burlando, P., Castelletti, A. (2022). Participatory design of robust and sustainable development pathways in the Omo-Turkana river basin, Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, 41, 101116.
- Matta, E., Castelletti, A. (2022). Water and Climate Change: Water Management in Transboundary River Basins under Climate Change. In: Montedoro, L., Buoli, A., Frigerio, A. (eds) Territorial Development and Water-Energy-Food Nexus in the Global South. Research for Development. Springer, Cham, 165-177.